PSPaudioware has released version 1.5.4 of MasterComp, a high fidelity stereo dynamics processor (plug-in VST, RTAS for Windows; AudioUnit, RTAS, VST for Mac OSX Universal Binary).
MasterComp’s double-precision (64-bit floating point) and double-sampled (FAT – Frequency Authentication Technique) processing offers transparency even at extreme compression settings and high sample rates. It includes a wide range of controls that make it an exceptionally versatile tool for mastering compression and expansion, as well as bus processing during mixing.
Changes in v1.5.4
- Intel Mac compatibility added (OSX UB)
- sidechain processing with external control signal allowed
- classic mode with alternate release phase response for more focused sound
- preset bar supporting preset list editing, bank and preset save/load and A/B memory cells
- DirectX version has been discontinued
- session compatibility between PPC and Intel based Macs in AU version
- RTAS version latency reporting fixed for delay compensation purposes
- other minor problems resolved
Visit PSPaudioware for more information and a link to download a demo of MasterComp.