Pulsar Audio has announced the release of a a meticulous recreation of the original 1178 hardware in its tonal color and compression character.
Pulsar 1178 adds all the features you would expect from a modern, versatile plugin, including a full sidechain EQ for added control, an optional saturation stage for warmth and character, and precise metering.
Pulsar 1178 has been inspired by the Urei 1178, released in the early 80s. More transparent than the previous versions of the legendary 1176, the Pulsar 1178 is therefore more versatile, but remains just as punchy; which makes it essential as an individual track compressor, but also very useful as a bus compressor.
As usual, in addition to the meticulous recreation of the original hardware in its tonal color and compression character, we have added various modern features to this emulation to give you more control, and increase its sound palette.
Pulsar 1178 features
- Topology Preservation Technology guarantees a perfect emulation of the original device’s behaviour.
- Saturation stage featuring four saturation flavours: Tape, Warm, Triode and Clip.
- Mid-Side processing enabling a signal’s mono and stereo information to be processed separately with different settings.
- Look-ahead or Look-behind delay stages, up to 20ms for the former or up to 10ms for the latter.
- Powerful sidechain EQ to help perfectly tailor your signal and arrive at the ideal detection response.
- External sidechain opens a very wide range of applications: ducking, de-essing, filtering the sidechain signal with your favourite EQ, or even applying dynamic processing.
- Advanced metering section. Gain reduction, input level and output level are all visible in different ways.
- Smart GUI with draggable resize handles that streamlines based on output configuration.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats, the plugin is on sale for the intro price 89 EUR until March 14th, 2021. The regular price is 149 EUR.