Pulse Code has announced the release of Modular, a modular synthesizer app for iOS.
Modular looks, acts, and sounds like a hardware modular synthesizer to give you features that musicians want such as pulse width modulation, oscillator sync, 4 pole ladder filters, and 1v/oct filter tracking. Traditional modular systems are expensive and out of reach for the average artist. Modular is here to bridge that gap and allow everyone the opportunity to use these powerful synthesizers.
What makes modular special is the audio and visual experience you have with it. The beautifully minimal menu systems and interface, and the ultra-realistic synthesizer graphics are just the beginning. The real beauty is not what you see, but what you hear. Pristine and punchy oscillators that sound great, even at the extreme ends of the frequency spectrum. It starts with band-limited oscillators. Not just traditional methods of band-limiting, but band-limiting that enables each note you play to have the maximum number of harmonics without distorting.
- High fidelity, virtual analog synthesis, using bandlimited oscillators and oversampled filters.
- Audiobus and background audio modes.
- CoreMIDI control with external devices or internal sequencers.
- Beautifully rendered graphics.
- Dynamic workspace with intuitive navigation.
- Optional modules available individually or as a Module Bundle.
- 10-octave keyboard with classically styled arpeggiator.
- Extensive in app help with detailed module descriptions and guides.
- Record and export live performance to Soundcloud, Audio Copy, email and iTunes file sharing.
The Modular app for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store. Modules are available as in-app purchases for $0.99 USD each or $4.99 USD for all modules currently available.
More information: Pulse Code / Modular