Puremagnetik has released MalletPak Two, a collection of 13 multi-sampled vibraphone programs scrupulously recorded using a magnetic pickup and preamp.
MalletPak Two crosses the threshold between acoustic and electronic sounds with heavily processed patches that modulate between bowing articulations and more conventional multi-mallet strikes.
Four different mallet types were used with multiple hits for round-robin triggering with several velocity layers each. A bowed recording for each vibe creates an ethereal patch with infinite sustain while a hybrid patch combining mallet strikes with the bowed samples allows you to mix between articulations.
The Logic, Kontakt and Ableton versions include a massive “All-Mallet” program that includes all 4 mallet types for easy switching. Additionally, there are several electrified patches using the vibraphone as a sound source to create fantastic new instruments.
MalletPak was produced in collaboration with the late Richard Lainhart.
MalletPak Two features
- 13 multi-sampled instruments with expressive velocity programming.
- Over 600 high quality samples.
- Advanced Ableton Live Racks with customized Macro Controls.
- Kontakt KSP easy edit GUI.
- Logic EXS version includes Channel Strip Settings with Logic effects.
- EXS Universal file format for easy importing into any audio host.
The MalletPak Two sound library is now available to download for Puremagnetik subscribers.