Puremagnetik has announced Mimik, a temporal and tonal manipulation machine that offers variable pitch and time repeater effects.
It is designed to help you explore and exploit the microsonic aspects of whatever you feed it. Mimik records your incoming audio to a short buffer that you can tweak, bend and stutter to completely alter your rhythms and sounds.
Mimik’s buffer can be truncated or randomly modulated. It allows you to pitch-stretch without altering duration and time-shift without changing pitch. You can reverse, chop, freeze and re-phrase almost anything. Mimik can be used for subtle articulation nuances or more extreme beat processing… how to use the power of Mimik is up to you!
- Loop time compression and stretch from 1:4 to 4:1.
- Manual or modulated control of buffer length from 10ms to 1 second.
- Pitch-shift from -2 to +2 octaves.
- Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host.
- Includes a collection of factory presets.
Mimik is currently offered as part of Puremagnetik’s Spark subscription for $8 USD per month. After one month it will become back-cataloged for a la carte purchase at $20 USD.
More information: Puremagnetik