Puremagnetik has announced the release of Skatik, a collection of instruments, sound effects, percussion kits and looped digital freak-outs sourced from a heavily circuit bent Casio SK-5.
The most interesting on-board sounds have been multi-sampled and then recorded in circuit bent variations. The system sampling engine was exploited for it’s lo-fi specification (8bit/9khz) and then under-powered to create exceptionally textured sound effects and percussion kits. At one point during Puremagnetik’s modifications we unlocked a mysterious tweak that caused the internal SK-5 sequences to re-arrange themselves randomly and to loop irregularly. These bizarre tonal oddities have been meticulously looped and programmed into three large instruments for endless experimentation.
- A complete circuit bent Casio SK-5 synthesizer emulation.
- Hundreds of high quality samples.
- Ableton Live Racks with precise incremental controls.
- Kontakt KSP easy edit GUI.
- Logic EXS version includes Channel Strip Settings with Logic effects.
- EXS Universal file format for easy importing into any audio host.
Statik is now available to download for Puremagnetik subscribers.