QESounds has announced the release of PianoFx, a sample library for Kontakt 2 and higher, recorded on a 1910’s vintage Lester Cabinet Grand piano.
QES PianoFx is a collection of sounds recorded on a bare harp and soundboard and is intended for SoundTrack Design. Included in the library are frame hits/knocks/thunks, string plucks, picks, harmonics, brush stabs, brush slaps, glisses, smears, line bowings, cello bow bowings, Ebow Fx, string removal sounds and serendipitous sounds.
QES PianoFx includes SoundTools and Virtual Layer Remapping scripting and each of the atonal instruments has a separate group assigned to each sound so that the user can access the internal controls to tailor each sound according to their needs.
- PFX Pro: a 24-bit, 44.1KHz, Stereo version with the complete set of sounds on 3 DVDs; 10 GB installed.
- PFX_KG_DLV: a 16-bit, 44.1KHz, Stereo downloadable version containing hits, knocks, glisses and smears (3 ZIP files; 1.2 GB total download).
- PFX_MSC_DLV: a 16-bit, 44.1KHz, Stereo downloadable version containing a few hits, glisses, and smears – but focusing mainly on the more Fx side of things (stabs, slaps, string removal, etc.) (3 ZIP files; 900 MB total download).
The PianoFX libraries are available at these introductory prices:
- QES PFx Pro: $99.95 USD (regular $119.95).
- QES PFX_KG_DLV: $24.95 USD (regular $34.95).
- QES PFX_MSC_DLV: $24.95 USD (regular $34.95).
More information: QESounds (website no longer available)