Qu-Bit Electronix has launched its new Eurorack module Bloom, a fractal sequencer capable of generating infinitely evolving melodies with a host of musical features.
The Bloom module was introduced at the NAMM 2019 Show.
At its core is a powerful 32 step sequencer with two independent channels and an intuitive interface. What makes the Bloom come alive are its fractal algorithms which can transform existing sequences into powerful melodies, or even generate new patterns altogether.
The base sequence is known as the Trunk and can be programmed by hand, or automatically generated with the Mutate function. Once a Trunk sequence is in place, fractal transformations are only a knob turn away by using the Branch and path controls.
Each new Branch adds a complete variation to the base sequence and Path determines its passage through the set of recursively generated sub-sequences, offering a unique take on the melody with each turn of the knob.
- Fractal sequencer.
- Infinitely evolving melodies.
- Two independent channels.
- 32 steps per channel for base sequence, 256 steps for generated sequences.
- Ratchets, per step slew, quantized output, and transpose control.
- 8 pattern locations w/ save, load, copy, and erase functionality.
Bloom is available for $329 USD.
More information: Qu-Bit Electronix