Rast Sound has introduced its new sample library Master Koto, featuring the sounds of one of Japanese music’s legendary instruments recorded with Gaho Takashi.
The talented Gaho Takahashi has played Koto since the young age of 5 years old and has now won multiple awards for her skill with this instrument. We can not thank her enough for helping us to capture this beautiful sound with all its depth. The Library offers playable solo articulations, phrase plays and a wealth of rare performances & patterns.
The Japanese Koto belongs to the Asian Zither family that also comprises the Chinese Zheng, the Korean Gayageum, and the Vietnamese Dàn Tranh. This variety of instrument came in two basic forms, a Zither that had bridges and a Zither without bridges.
Master Koto features
- 545MB for Kontakt (full version 5.8 or higher) & WAV unzipped, 250+ samples.
- 5 natural solo styles with keyswitches: Master solo picks (3 octaves), bend solo (3 octaves), glissandos + strum (3 octaves), trill (3 octaves), phrase plays (tuned, 2 sets).
- Mono legato + sample start controls.
- All patterns bpm locked.
- Short, long performances & phrases.
- Phrase builder to easy build up.
- Royalty free.
The sample library is on sale for the intro price of 29 EUR until June 15th, 2022 (regular 49 EUR).
More information: Rast Sound