Re-Compose has launched a public beta version of the upcoming Spexx multi-effect plugin that combines seven individual effects and two processing stages in one tool.
Spexx enables you to create unique soundscapes: from unusual, beautifully sounding reverbs to experimental spectral distortions and so much more – all packaged into a simple-to-use and organized user interface.
Spexx is a powerful audio effects plug-in featuring two processing stages and seven individual effects for interactive spectral manipulations of an audio signal.
It is designed to deeply engage with audio: it not only creates distortion but all kinds of experimental effects you can think of. This makes it an incredibly versatile tool for sound designers, musicians, EDM producers, and others.
Feel like creating a great sounding reverb? Some weird spectral distortions? How about some unique sound the world hasn’t heard yet? Explore possibilities by just playing around or use the included materials to dive deeper into some predefined options.
All the effects have been designed for being simple, yet freely combinable in a modular fashion. Each effect has been engineered for very smooth sound manipulation, a maximum of tonal shaping ability and optimum performance without sacrificing usability.
- Simple and intuitive user interface designed for maximum interactivity.
- Unique mathematical algorithms for highest possible sound quality.
- Large window for display of the generated output signal.
- Two processing stages (freeze, output) and seven individual effects (Focus, Feaze, Decay, Damping, Mirror, Pitch, and Slope).
- Effects freely combinable in a modular fashion (via drag & drop within the processing chain).
- Bypassing of the freeze stage to apply the output effects directly to the incoming sound.
- Floating interactive panel with controls for selected preset.
- Input and output gain controls.
- Reset button to restart accumulator.
- Various parameters for the definition of spectral resolution.
- Supports VST, VST 3 and AU standard (32- and 64-bit-compatible).
- Multi-core support for glitch-free real-time performance.
While the plugin is in beta, you can purchase Spexx from Plugin Boutique at 30% off in a presale, priced at $49 USD (regular $79 USD). You will be issued with a license code and the beta software download.
The offer expires December 5th, 2018.
More information: Re-Compose