I don’t know which part of the world you are in, but here in the Netherlands the transition from summer to winter is clearly visible. Leaves are turning color, the days get shorter, and it is definitely getting colder. What better way to stay warm than by spending some quality time making music in your cosy studio?
Those who have been part of rekkerd.org contests before may have noticed the title of this post says “Music Contest” instead of the usual “Sample Remix Contest”. Although I have provided another contest sample pack, this time around it is not a requirement to use the samples.
However, there is a new rule. For this music contest you need to compose a song that relates to autumn. It doesn’t matter how you incorporate the theme, so be creative.
Now if all this isn’t enough fun already, we also have some wonderful prizes for this contest.
- Urs at u-he is offering a copy of Zebra2, the popular virtual wireless modular synthesizer for PC and Mac. Some of contest pack samples were done with this excellent plug-in.
- One lucky winner will get to pick four (4!) products of his/her choice from Cinematique Instruments‘s catalogue of rare and unique instrument sample libraries.
- Last but not least you can win a Reason 5 ReFill of your choice from The Loop Loft, the boutique sample shop of drummer/producer/loop guru, Ryan Gruss.
So are you ready to get started? Make sure to read the rules below carefully so you know what to expect.
- Compose a song with the following theme: Autumn.
There are no specific rules on how to incorporate the theme.
- Your entry must be written specifically for this contest.
- The “Music Contest Autumn 2010 Sample Pack” is available to download for those who enjoy working with samples. Use of these samples is not required. You may process/manipulate the sample(s) in any way you like.
- Upload your entry to SoundCloud and share it to the contest group before 21 November, 2010, 11.59pm CET. One entry per contestant allowed.
- In order to be eligible to win, contestants are required to vote for their top 5 within a week after the contest deadline. Note: you can’t vote on your own entry.
- Winners may choose a prize from the prize pool (1st place winner picks first, then 2nd, then 3rd). Prizes will be granted at the discretion of rekkerd.org.
- The terms of this contest are subject to change and may be amended without prior notice.
Note: the contest deadline has past, no new submissions will be accepted.
If you found this contest just now and would like to know when the next one will take place, head on over and subscribe to the newsletter.
Download the samples you would like to use from the SoundCloud player…
… or download the complete contest sample pack below.
Music Contest Autumn 2010 Sample Pack — Download size: 51.65 MB
Voting will commence on 22 November, 2010. Each contestant will receive details on how to vote.