Riot Audio has announced the release of a new syllable-based multi-layer vocal instrument capable of pads, pulses, keys, organ sounds, risers and much more.
Phonetic is an innovative sample-based vocal morphing engine for Kontakt 6, which comes loaded with 44 female and male vowel/consonant performances recorded across a broad range of pitches, arranged in three layers: Body, Loops and Air.
It draws on a wide selection of single and dual phonemes (ah, eh, ba, la, vv etc) as a basis for musical sound design. Although technically a sample library, the architecture and resulting sounds are more reminiscent of a synth.
PHONETIC’s pulses, pads, keys and other sounds are not limited to the original performers’ ranges and are therefore playable across the entire keyboard range. Be prepared to be mesmerised by a smorgasbord of looping, whirling and gradually unfolding velvety soundscapes.
- Custom sound design engine using state of the art Kontakt 6 capabilities.
- 3 layers of sound: Body (vowels), Loops (consonants+vowel sounds), Air (sibilants/friction sounds).
- Source sounds: 14 open vowel sounds (ah, eh, oh, eeh, ooh, a-e-i-o-u, hum), 16 consonant/vowel combinations (e.g. na, no, lu, ba, mi) and 14 fricative sounds (e.g. vv, zz, sh), all in male and female versions..
- 3,000 possible sonic combinations.
- 125 presets (snapshots) in total: 20 pads, 20 pulses, 20 pad/pulse combinations, 20 keys, 20 organs, 10 natural voices, 20 risers, 5 templates.
- Evolving Soundscapes easy to create with Morphing and Movement tabs.
- Morphing Parameters: Band Pass, Formant, Low Pass, Distortion.
- Movement Parameters: Band Pass, Low Pass.
- Vibrato, Velocity Sensitivity (Volume, Low Pass and High Pass) for responsive playability.
- Total size of sampled content: 1.54 GB (890GB compressed).
- Diffusion/Classic Style delay, Tape Saturation, BP/LP/HP Filters, Reverb and EQ included.
Available for the full version of Kontakt 6.6.1 or higher, Phonetic is on sale for the intro price of £49 GBP for a limited time (regular £69 GBP).
More information: Riot Audio