RJ Studios has announced the release of a new plugin that does that opposite of delay. Advancer can push sounds forward in time, useful for time correcting of multiple microphones at different distances, generating stereo from mono or stereo widening, creating flams and “ghost” notes on drums, doubling and flanging, and more.
It uses your DAW’s latency compensation mechanism to shift sounds forward in time (*with respect to other tracks in your DAW) by up to 50mS. This “opposite of delay” can be used for numerous corrective and creative purposes.
Advancer takes pre-echo a step further by including a linear phase crossover that allows applying different time shifts to high and low frequencies. When used on stereo tracks, Advancer also includes the options to apply the time shifts to the full signal, just the “Middle/Center”, just the “Sides” or just the Left or RIght channel. Advancer shifts the audio on sample-based intervals and does not re-sample the audio (which can degrade sound quality).
- Up to 50mS of pre-echo.
- Choice of Full Band or Dual Band mode (separated by a linear phase crossover).
- 4 choices of operation when inserted on stereo tracks (Normal, Stereo Middle, Stereo Sides, Left or Right).
- Separate Wet and Dry controls allowing adding in the pre-delay effects without changing the original source level.
- Output I/O Trim for adjusting overall plugin I/O (for level matching).
- Polarity inversion buttons.
- Mono and stereo channel applications.
Advancer for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3, AU and AAX) is on sale for the intro price of $19.95 USD until May 31st, 2023 (regular $24.95 USD). Prices ex. tax where applicable. A free 14-day trial demo is available for download.
More information: RJ Studio