RJ Studios has released the second generation of its multi-band dynamic stereo width maximizer plugin.
SideMinder ME2 (Mastering Edition) is a unique stereo enhancement plugin that dynamically maximizes the stereo width of a mix similar to the way a limiter maximizes the amplitude, all while preventing width “over-widening” that can cause phase cancellation when mixed to mono.
The update now includes an external sidechain input that allows new possibilities in mixing applications, including the ability to “fit a signal in the mix widthwise”.
Changes in SideMinder ME2
- User-resizable GUI with automatic 2x scale for high DPI video monitors.
- Numerical values of controls displayed on the GUI.
- Double-click text entry of control values.
- New “Relative” control link mode allows moving all controls in a group up/down while retaining their relative settings.
- Optional stereo sidechain input that allows modulating the width of the stereo source in complementary response to the varying width of a stereo sidechain source – i.e., “fit it in the mix WIDTHWISE”.
- Improved stereo width limiter algorithm – produces more transparent width control and a wider, more “3D-like”, stereo image.
- Global and individual band Trim controls for level matching.
- Static Width adjust “out” controls allow quick audition of the static width adjustment being applied without having to change width settings.
The plugin is available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats for Windows and Mac, priced $39.95 USD.
More information: RJ Studios