Rob Papen has updated the Blade software synthesizer for Windows and Mac to version 1.0.1
The initial idea for Blade was born out of the want to have more ‘human input’ into the sound. The classic synthesizer parts for modulation are LFOs and Envelopes. The ‘human input’ is the keyboard we play and controllers like pitch bend or modulation wheel. A XY pad is perfect for the human input, but it controls only the filter and volume… We found this to be too limited. We wanted also to control the ‘harmonics’ of the oscillator…changing the waveform using the XY pad.
Out of this idea, Blade was born…
Changes in Blade v1.0.1
- New, easier to read graphics.
- Modulation amount knobs have grey led color to show their difference in function.
- Improved sub-oscillator sound.
- Improved preset changing behavior, so less CPU spikes and clicks & pops on changing presets.
- Fixed problem with ensemble causing clicks and small bug fixes.
- New banks added: 03 A drop In Silence by Matthew Thomasson, 03 Scope Psytrance by Scope, 03 Mike Papen 01 by Mike Papen.
- Also new presets inside banks: 01 Synth 02, 02 Wobbles 01, 03 JoMal 01, 03 Rob Fabrie 01, 03 Rob Fabrie 02.
Blade for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for 119 EUR (inc. VAT) /$139 USD.