Robotic Bean has announced the release of its new Portatron Tape Synthesizer, an audio plugin that brings all the mojo from a 4-track cassette Portastudio to your DAW.
The carefully modeled and recreated cassette sound allows you to build tape loops by combining samples, create drones, use it as a looper or quirky instrument.
From the instant lofi sound with tape saturation, noise and wobble, to breathing new life into your samples!
Play tape loops that either follow your DAW’s transport, or play them like a monophonic Mellotron from your keyboard. Build a complete soundscape by mixing four tracks with the built-in EQ, delay and reverb.
- Four tracks of sample playback.
- Library Sound Bank with patches and samples included (piano, vibraphone, vocals, synths, hydrophones and shortwave radio).
- Realistic lofi tape sound with Noise, Dropouts, Wobble, and Normal/Chrome setting.
- Tape Speed from 0-200%.
- Delay and Reverb Send Effects.
- Drive, EQ, Level and Pan on each track.
- Tape Editor with resize, move, repeat and reverse of samples.
- 3 Locators.
- Return To Zero (RTZ).
- Auto-RTZ on Key.
- Auto-RTZ every 1, 2, or 4 bars.
Available in VST3, AU and AAX formats for Windows and Mac, Portatron is on sale at Plugin Boutique for the intro price of $89 USD until May 1st, 2022 (regular $129 USD).
More information: Robotic Bean