RØDE has announced the next major firmware update for the RØDECaster Pro, introducing over 25 powerful features to the podcast production tool.
Version 2.0 follows on from updates earlier in the year, which introduced multitrack recording to the RØDECaster Pro amongst other handy features. Consolidating months of user feedback and testing, the new firmware will make it even easier for users to create incredible sounding podcasts.
Changes in RØDECaster Pro firmware 2.0
- Saving ‘Shows’ and Settings: Users can now save and load ‘Shows’ via the RØDECaster companion app, which is essentially a snapshot of all sounds and settings. Settings can also be saved on their own.
- Podcast Transfer Mode: Allows users to transfer podcasts from their on-board microSDTM card to a computer directly from the RØDECaster Pro.
- New Sound Pad Functionality: The sound pads have been supercharged! New features include a sound pad indicator on the home screen that tells users which pad is playing and how long until it finishes, easier access to the sound pad configuration screen, more on- board control, and a new “Pause” playback mode. On top of this, users can now save a massive eight banks of sounds to their RØDEcaster Pro (64 in total)!
- New-Broadcast Ready Features: Users can now access a number of features often found in professional broadcast consoles, such as pre-fader listen mode and the option to automatically mute the monitor outputs when faders are open to prevent feedback.
- Real-Time Connectivity: The RØDECaster Pro and companion app now communicate in real- time! This means that any changes made in the app will be reflected on the RØDECaster Pro immediately and vice versa.
- Powerful New Sound Engine: The RØDECaster Pro’s audio processing engine has been tweaked to make recordings sound cleaner, clearer, and more.
Users can download the latest software for RØDECaster Pro now.
More information: RØDE