Roland has announced the HandSonic HPD-20, a dynamic digital hand percussion instrument that excels for both live performance and creating music in the studio.
It features the renowned SuperNATURAL sound engine and a highly sensitive multi-pad interface for maximum expression, plus a huge selection of ready-to-play sounds, WAV import via USB, deep editing capability, onboard effects, and much more. Versatile, intuitive, and inspiring to play, the compact HPD-20 is ideal for a wide range of music creators, from percussionists and drummers to electronic dance music performers, composers, and producers.
Representing the latest generation of Roland’s acclaimed HandSonic series, the HPD-20 is a sophisticated hand percussion instrument with an amazing level of expressive power. Equipped with the latest sensing technology, its 13 pads provide ultra-sensitive velocity response for playing sounds, and are arranged in a circular configuration for maximum ergonomic efficiency. They also respond to touch and pressure for dampening or muting another pad’s tone, adjusting its pitch, and more.
HandSonic HPD-20 features
- Powerful hand percussion instrument for live performance and studio music production.
- 850 ready-to-play sounds include percussion from around the world, melodic instruments, drums, tones for modern electronica beats, and more.
- Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL sound engine delivers unparalleled tone quality and expressiveness.
- Import up to 500 of your own WAV sounds via USB flash memory and assign them to pads.
- Deep editing capability allows you to tweak and layer instruments and process tones with three independent multi-effects engines, ambience, and EQ.
- 13 silicone rubber pads provide ultra-sensitive velocity response and a comfortable feel.
- Dynamic pad assignments let you dampen, mute, and tune sounds for authentic performance of acoustic hand percussion like congas and tabla.
- Roll button and Realtime Modify knob; D-BEAM for controlling sounds and effects with hand movements.
- Easily capture performances and ideas with the Quick Rec function and export them as WAV audio files to USB flash memory.
- Inputs for connecting a Roland pad and hi-hat controller (sold separately).
- USB Computer port for audio/MIDI communication with popular music software, including DAWs and standalone virtual instruments.
More information: Roland / HandSonic HPD-20