Roland has announced the availability of the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set. This fully analog modular synthesizer is inspired by two of the most revered electronic instruments of all time — the legendary SYSTEM-700 and SYSTEM-100M. Made for Eurorack format, the SYSTEM-500 Compete Set is a comprehensive system with multiple oscillators, filters and effects in a versatile, custom case with top-quality patch cables.
The groundbreaking Roland SYSTEM-700 and SYSTEM-100M modular synthesizers are sought after by synthesizer enthusiasts to this day, for their classic tone and flexibility. Used by pioneering musicians on numerous landmark recordings throughout the seventies and eighties, they combined the best of Roland’s analog synthesizer technology in powerful modular instruments. With the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set, it’s now possible to own a modern version of these coveted classics.
Designed and built in the U.S., the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set is made to exacting standards, with top-quality components and extreme attention to detail. It delivers the classic character and playability of a vintage Roland modular synth — with all the advantages of a modern instrument. The Eurorack format also makes it easy to expand or neatly integrate into an existing modular setup. Its versatile wood and metal case can sit flat or tilt, providing plenty of clean, stable power, and blending in with the classic looks of the SYSTEM-500 modules.
The SYSTEM-500 Complete Set includes: the 512 module with two voltage controlled oscillators featuring saw, sine and square waves; the 521 module with two voltage controlled filters featuring selectable high-pass filters; the 530 module with two voltage controlled amplifiers, each featuring multiple CV inputs; the 540 module with two ADSR envelopes and invertible LFO; and the 572 module with classic phase shifter, delay, gate delay and LFO. With two VCOs, two VCFs, two VCAs, two ADSR envelopes, two dedicated LFO sections, and a powerful effects module, the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set is flexible and capable right out of the box. An array of CV/Gate connections and well-placed controls make it an ideal centerpiece for any modular setup.
SYSTEM-500 Complete Set features
- Complete analog modular synthesizer with multiple oscillators, filters and effects.
- Vintage Roland analog sound in a top-quality modern instrument.
- Perfect modular starting point complete with case, power supply, and braided patch cables.
- Versatile wood and metal case is portable, stackable and can sit flat or angled.
- 512 module with two voltage controlled oscillators with saw, sine and square waves.
- 521 module with two voltage controlled filters with selectable high-pass filters.
- 530 module with two voltage controlled amplifiers each with multiple CV inputs.
- 540 module with two ADSR envelopes and invertible LFO with five waveform types.
- 572 module with classic phase shifter, delay, gate delay and invertible LFO.
- Numerous CV connections for an array of modulation possibilities.
- Built in USA and assembled in Japan.