Roland has announced the RD-64 Digital Piano, a weighted-action instrument that’s compact and easy to transport.
The 64-note Ivory Feel-G keyboard with Escapement provides a true piano-action feel, while the acclaimed SuperNATURAL® Piano sound engine delivers superb acoustic piano tones. Along with powerful MIDI controller functionality and iPad compatibility, the RD-64 is ideal for stage playing, home studios, mobile composing, teaching labs, and more.
In contrast to large, heavy, and hard-to-carry 88-note stage pianos, the RD-64 allows players to enjoy Roland’s acclaimed piano features in a compact, travel-friendly instrument. The streamlined, lightweight design fits easily in small vehicles and takes up less space on crowded stages, and is perfect for use in home studios and school applications where space is at a premium.
- Grand piano sound and weighted keyboard action in a compact, mobile instrument.
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine delivers authentic, expressive acoustic piano sounds.
- E. Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology provides vintage electric pianos modeled with extraordinary accuracy.
- 12 versatile tones onboard, including clav and organ sounds.
- 64-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement for a pro-quality piano touch.
- Streamlined design that’s light and easy to carry.
- Two-band EQ and reverb, plus two multi-effects (EFX 1, EFX 2) for each tone category.
- Controller mode* provides MIDI master keyboard functionality, including a dedicated, one-touch setup for controlling SuperNATURAL tones in the INTEGRA-7 sound module and JUPITER-80/-50 synthesizers.
- Pitch bend/mod lever and D-BEAM.
- iPad compatibility via Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit.
More information: Roland / RD-64 Digital Piano