Roland has announced the Octa-Capture, a new USB audio interface.
Roland introduces the OCTA-CAPTURE USB 2.0 Audio Interface, a 10- input/10-output device for computer-based multi-channel audio production.
OCTA-CAPTURE sets a new standard in portable USB 2.0 interfaces, combining premium components, 24-bit/192 kHz performance, and preamp and streaming technology in an affordable and compact unit.
- Eight premium mic preamps built in (VS PREAMP).
- AUTO-SENS function intelligently sets optimal input levels for all preamps.
- Extremely stable low-latency VS STREAMING driver.
- Four independent software-controlled Direct Mixers for creating custom monitor mixes.
- Supports all major DAW platforms on Mac or PC, including OSX 10.6 and Windows 7, through ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac) drivers.
- Rackmount ears included.
- Bundled with Cakewalk Production Plus Pack.
The Octa-Capture is scheduled to ship in October 2010, priced at a MSRP of $699 USD.
More information: Roland / Octa-Capture