Roland has released Sound Canvas VA, a software synthesizer version of the Sound Canvas sound module.
First introduced in 1991, the Roland Sound Canvas series has long been the de-facto standard in GS sound modules. With the Sound Canvas VA, you can now use this classic sound source with your DAW music productions as a VSTi or AU plug-in.
It comes with over 1,600 high-quality sounds, plus 64 different insert effects, global effects like reverb and EQ, and extensive sound editing capabilities. Also included are sound maps to perfectly play MIDI music files created on the SC-88 Pro and other hardware Sound Canvas sound modules.
Combining classic sounds with current technology, the Sound Canvas VA is the modern evolution of a long-running benchmark.
Sound Canvas VA features
- GS-compatible virtual instrument plug-in with support for Windows and Mac.
- Includes 1,600 high-quality sounds and 63 drum kits that cover nearly every musical genre.
- Each plug-in instance supports 16 parts and up to 64 notes of polyphony.
- Tone Editor and Effect Editor functions enable you to fine-tune sounds in great detail.
- Supports host DAW automation for a variety of parameters.
Sound Canvas VA for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 115 EUR / $125 USD.