I am very excited to announce a new music production contest at Rekkerd!
This time we’re collaborating with Splice Sounds, the subscription based service that offers access to over 1 million samples and synth presets. Their library features exclusive artist packs, as well as a huge collection of sounds from partner labels.
For this contest I have put together a free “Splice Repack”, featuring a selection of 75 samples from one of my favorite labels, Loopmasters.
The included sounds are taken from Chill Trap and Future RnB by Capsun, Future Bass Generation, Organic Future Hip Hop, Deep Trap, and Rolling Drums by Breakage. I reckon the download offers a nice mix of bass music type flavors.
To enter the contest you need to create a track using only the samples from the repack, which comprises a variety of drum one shots, synth sounds, bass, chords, and more.
Chop up the samples, process them with your favorite VST effects, turn them inside out… it’s all good as long as you don’t use any other source material than the sounds from the contest repack.
This will provide you with 1 month free access so you can download the 0-credit contest pack. You are free to use the 100 download credits to explore the Splice library, and the subscription can be cancelled at any time so you will not get charged for the next month.
Once your all set, go ahead and pick up the contest repack below and get creative!
What can you win?
The Grand Prize bundle includes:
- Loopmasters Sample Pack Bundle with all 5 full packs of the contest repack
- 1-Year Subscription to Splice Sounds (download with 100 sample credits per month)
- and the following plugins:
- Plugin Boutique VirtualCZ digital synthesizer + Expansion.
- iZotope Neutron Elements and Ozone 7 Elements.
- D16 Group Tekturon multi-tap delay effect.
- Sample Magic Boost simple, powerful mix finalizing utility.
- Audified TNT one-click voice track editing plug-in for speech and singing.
- SoundSpot Propane Mid-Side panner and Focus psychoacoustics plugin.
- Sonible entropy:EQ+, the Entropy module of the frei:raum equalizer.
- Mastering The Mix LEVELS for getting a technically excellent mix.
On top of that, Rekkerd reader Alex is donating his Novation Nocturn & Launchpad combo! We will award this prize to a random contestant, so everyone has a change of winning.
The deadline for submitting your entry is October 8th, 2017, 11.59pm CET.
The winners will be announced on October 11th, 2017.
Check out the details on how to enter below, and good luck!
- Create an original composition using only the samples provided in the contest repack. No other sound sources are allowed. However, you may process and manipulate sounds any way you like.
- Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 8th, 2017, 11.59pm CET.
- One entry per person is allowed, you will receive confirmation of your submission.
- Your entry should be composed specifically for this contest. By entering, you grant permission for your track to be published at the rekkerd.org website, through SoundCloud.
- The Grand Prize winner will be chosen by Rekkerd.org during the judging period.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received, artistic and technical merit of entry judged by subjective criteria.
- Some prizes may be subject to specific conditions imposed by the sponsor (e.g. NFR licenses).
- Open to residents of jurisdictions where lawful. Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Splice, Loopmasters, and Plugin Boutique are ineligible.
- By entering the contest you agree to be signed up to the contest sponsors newsletter.
Contest rules subject to change.