Sampleson has announced the release of Markus 88, a spectral modeled Stage 88 electric piano instrument.
Based on real samples entirely rebuilt by modeling, the instrument aims to bring the real sound and feel of a Rhodes in just 25MB.
We decoded and analyzed a vintage electric piano sinewaves spectrum (a Rhodes 88 Suitcase) for every note and every velocity, and recreated it manually. When you play a note on Markus, the exact same sound for the original instrument will be generated (no samples involved)
And we did it manually. Every single harmonic was tuned by ear. Like in acoustic piano tuning, the final touch is always made manually, and no tuning software or algorithm is able to replace that.
Markus 88 features
- 88 Notes EP.
- No layer switching (Smooth velocity curve).
- Recreated from real electric piano sound spectrum.
- Preamp, Reverb and Phaser FX included.
- Bells and Releases controls.
- Adjustable non-linear velocity (changes harmonic behavior).
- Win 32/64 bits and Mac VST/AU/Standalone versions included.
- Just 25MB installed.
Markus 88 is available for the intro price of $49.95 USD (regular $79 USD).
More information: Sampleson