Re-Compose has launched a pre-order on its soon to be released MIDI effect plugin that features a unique way to create chord sequences.
I2C8 is an innovative real-time MIDI generator and MIDI sequence generator for both studio and live application, featuring a unique and highly interactive user interface.
The plug-in is powered by Re-Compose’s trademark music intelligence algorithms that result in near-limitless possibilities for chord sequence generation: Using a simple pattern language for the definition of repeating chords (the layout resembles a slot machine) and various parameters the output is controlled in real-time. Chords can also be changed manually as you like – there are no predefined chord banks to choose from.
Whenever you add or change a pattern symbol in the pattern definition area, the music intelligence generates a chord for this position and also creates a set of eight alternative chord sequences for the current pattern of symbols. A click on one of the chord boxes is enough to switch to a new variant – this also works during playback, with the new sequence variant being played back with the next loop onset.
It doesn’t stop here: Experiment with feeding a chord progression into an arpeggiator, running several plug-in instances parallel, generating polyrhythmic patterns and finding interesting chord progressions between two or more chords.
Preset data is automatically saved in DAW sessions and can be exported for import into other sessions. Equally, copy-and-paste, drag-and-drop and drag-to-host functionalities are all included for a smooth user experience.
- Innovative user interface featuring a pattern definition area for chords.
- Powered by Re-Compose’s trademark music intelligence algorithms for chord sequence generation (no use of chord banks).
- Simplified piano roll display to show the generated MIDI sequence.
- Setting of the duration of one generated chord.
- Pitch control to define the average register of the generated chord sequences.
- “Craziness” selector to set the probability of out-of-key chords generation.
- Setting the number of chord notes playing.
- Manual editing of any of the generated chords.
- Locking of chords to prevent them being altered when making changes to the progression.
- Manual triggering of chords via your computer’s keyboard or an external MIDI keyboard, or triggering via a MIDI sequence.
- Drag & drop export of single chords and drag-to-host to drag generated sequences directly into your DAW.
- Preset data automatically saved in DAW session.
- MIDI-effect plug-in, supporting VST 2 and AU-standard (32 and 64-bit compatible).
- Running multiple instances of the plug-in supported.
I2C8 is now available for pre-order from Plugin Boutique for $39 USD (regular $69 USD).
More information: Re-Compose I2C8