Plugin Boutique has launched a sale on the EGP Hybrid Electric Grand Piano, an UVI Workstation instrument capable of everything from classic piano sounds to shimmering ambiences.
Our inspiration started with the Yamaha CP-70, the first and most successful portable electric grand piano. The CP-70 was developed for touring musicians in the 70’s, making use of electric amplification with per-string piezo pickups similar to a guitar. This approach allowed for a much smaller, modular construction perfect for the touring musician. It was, in essence, a 300lb plug-and-play grand piano.
The CP-70 was introduced in the mid 70’s, seeing a positive reception and popularity for over a decade until it, along with its siblings the CP-60 and CP-80, were discontinued shortly after the advent of digital pianos. Most famously used by Peter Gabriel, the CP-70 was a favorite of many pop and prog rock icons including Stevie Wonder, Keith Emerson, Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin, Boston, Journey, Asia and Genesis.
EGP Electric Grand features
- Discrete and fully mixable electric, L/R and M/S signals.
- M/S signal switchable to dual mono.
- 10 prepared piano styles, create custom key splits in UVI Workstation.
- Independent effect chains for acoustic and electric signals.
- Independent ADSR amplitude control for acoustic and electric signals.
- Resonance polyphony and volume control.
- Pedal and Release volume control.
- Extended Range switch provides a full 88-note range.
- Wheel Strum.
- 100+ preset library.
- Advanced audio engine.
- Flexible licensing supports 3 concurrent authorizations.
- Size: 4.7 GB (FLAC lossless encoding, was 16 GB in WAV).
- Collection: Hybrid Electric Grand Piano.
- Content: 1 instrument, 104 presets, 10,000+ samples.
- Sample Resolution: 44.1 kHz, recording at 96 kHz.
EGP Electric Grand is available at a 50% discount until May 9th, 2017.