Sender Spike has announced the release of the Signal Noise SN03-G Tape Recorder, a tape sound emulation plugin designed with a completely new paradigm.
The plugin is not based on tape speed or tape type (nor particular brand of tape machine).
It takes the key components of analog tape recorders, and allows the user to create a properly calibrated “custom tape machine” that operates in the range of 7.5 to 30 IPS, while conforming to NAB, IEC, and AES equalization standards.
The plug-in is designed with ASIO/CPU footprint that allows use of many instances for cumulative effect.
- Input gain +/- 24dB.
- Output gain +/- 24dB.
- NAB, IEC (15 IPS), AES (30 IPS) EQ modes.
- Adjustable recording EQ (LF +/- 10dB, HF +/- 14dB).
- Adjustable reproduction EQ (LF +/- 10dB, HF +/- 14dB).
- Adjustable “head bump” frequency from 65Hz to 105Hz.
- Adjustable “head bump” gain from 2dB to 6dB.
- Tape hiss gain +/-30dB from ca. -76dBFS.
- Complete I/O VU metering.
- Tape saturation.
SN03-G is available as a free VST plugin for Windows. A GUI-less version (SN03) is included as well.
More information: Sender Spike