Sequential has announced the release of a firmware update for its compact, full-featured VCO/VCF-based poly synth, Take 5. Version 2.0 comes with double the sounds and new synthesis features.
This free OS update brings even more inspiration and creative freedom to Take 5, doubling the amount of preset storage and introducing 128 brand new patches created by some of the world’s leading sound designers.
The update also includes wild new synthesis functionality, such as Envelope Repeats, LFO Slew and a tape emulating Lo-Fi effect, overflowing with vintage character.
Changes in Take 5 v2.0 features
- Double the number of presets: Version 2.0 introduces 128 brand new programs created by some of the world’s leading sound designers. Explore lush pads, fat basses, and shimmering leads. With Take 5, you’ll find just the right sound to complete your latest track.
- Expanded program storage: 8 new sound bank locations for a grand total of 512 program memory slots. Save all your latest sound tweaks and sonic explorations without worrying about running out of storage space.
- Envelope Repeat: Create complex and evolving textures with both envelopes capable of looping through their Delay, Attack, and Decay stages.
- LFO Slew: Beautiful smooth and organic modulations can be applied with the new Slew parameter available for LFO 1 and LFO 2.
- Lo-Fi Effect: Go from vintage character to all-out “busted tape deck” with the brand new Lo-Fi effect. With controls affecting the frequency of wow and flutter as well as playback head azimuth, and tape drive, get ready to be transported back to the time-worn recordings of yesteryear.
- Oscillator 2 Filter Bypass: Oscillator 2 can now be set to bypass the filter, giving programs the ability to sound both raw and full frequency, while at the same time, sculpted and warm, for a uniquely layered timbral experience.
- Scale: Now alternate tunings can be saved per program with 65 scales select-able from this new program parameter. Choose between Indian, Chinese, Gamelan, and scores of specialized tunings from around the world.
- Mod Destination Assignment to Vintage Amount: Send modulations to Vintage Amt to dynamically change the calibration accuracy of the synth. Go from rock solid to thick detune and back again without lifting a finger.
- Foot Pedal sequencer control: Run out of hands and fingers for the big show? Use a foot pedal to start and stop the sequencer by activating the new global/Foot Function parameter.
Available from Thomann, Perfect Circuit, and other Sequential dealers, the Take 5 is priced $1,499 USD.
More information: Sequential