Shattered Glass Audio has announced Ace, a free tube amplifier effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Ace is a faithful digital emulation of a legendary 1950s, American, all tube, tweed, 5W amp. We have added to the model two of the most common amplifier mods: adjustment of the amount of feedback and addition of grid stopper resistors, both of which can be turned off for the original amp sound.
For added flexibility, speaker emulation can be switched out in case you want to use a different speaker emulator. Ace also features 2x, 4x, or 8x selectable oversampling.
Simple controls and a conservative CPU usage make ACE easy to use in live settings as well as for re-amping.
- Accurate modeling of the whole circuit to capture dynamic interactions between amp stages.
- Authentic 12AX7 and 6V6GT vacuum tube models.
- Models of the two most common amp mods.
- Adjustable strength of the input signal with up to 12 dB boost.
- Cabinet simulation that can be switched on or off.
- Selectable 2x, 4x, or 8x oversampling.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac as freeware (VST/AU).