Shattered Glass Audio has released version 1.1.5 of its Code Red and Code Red Free console effect plugins for Windows and Mac.
Code Red is inspired by two versions of the classic, all tube, British console form the 1960s most closely associated with the sound of The Beatles.
The original, “Pop” and “Classic”, EQs had fixed characteristic frequencies and Qs so we thought it would be nice to make the EQ fully adjustable. While we were at it we added two more mid bands and a high pass filter. Fear not, the original EQs are still available, as presets.
Two preamp models, based on the full circuit simulation, accurately emulate preamps used in two versions of the original console this plug-in is based on.
Changes in Code Red v1.1.5
- Added an option to choose which signal are VU meters displaying (input, output, or mono input in the left VU and mono output in the right VU).
- Added a control to adjust the level of 0 VU from -18 dbFS to -6 dbFS.
- Fixed a small issue which affected the bottom end at higher sampling rates.
- Fixed some minor UI issues.
Changes in Code Red Free v1.1.5
- Added Mid-Side processing mode.
- Fixed some minor issues.
- Fixed minor UI issues.
Code Red ($44.99 USD) and Code Red Free are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).