Shure has announced that MOTIV digital products, a new microphone line suited for individuals looking to capture high-quality audio for vocal/acoustic recording, podcasts, YouTube videos, field recording, and more, are now shipping.
The easy to use MOTIV products include four new Apple MFi (made for iPhone, iPod, iPad) Certified devices, including three condenser microphones and a sleek digital audio interface that can connect directly to any iOS device without additional adapters or connection kits. In addition, the MVL, an omnidirectional condenser lavalier microphone, is part of the MOTIV family.
Shure MOTIV digital microphones, as well as the digital interface, feature user-selectable DSP preset modes to ensure great sound no matter the application. Designed to support digital-recording users seeking better audio quality, MOTIV’s preset modes—speech, singing, flat, acoustic instrument, and loud— set audio parameters behind the scenes. By using the preset modes to specify what is being recorded, select models automatically adjust the audio processing by setting gain, EQ, and compression for the best recordings, every time.
MOTIV Digital Products
- MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone (MAP $99): The MV5 is compatible with iOS, Android, Mac, or PC devices and is ideal for recording vocals and acoustic instruments, or for use in podcasting or video chat, and comes equipped with three DSP modes and USB and Lightning cables. Engineered with convenience in mind, the MOTIV MV5 has a built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring and the custom tuned microphone capsule provides best-in-class audio. The MV5 is available in green, gray, blue, red, and black (region dependent) and ships complete with a detachable desktop stand and integrated thread mount compatible with any 1/4 inch standard camera tripod.
- MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone (MAP $149): The MOTIV MV88 connects directly to any Apple iPhone, iPod, or iPad equipped with a Lightning® connector to capture high-quality field recordings on the go. The mid-side microphone element is mounted to a 90-degree hinge with built-in rotation that allows for highly flexible microphone position, even in video applications. Five built-in DSP preset modes, plus 5-band EQ, stereo width control, and other advanced features are easily accessed through the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
- MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (MAP $199): Specifically engineered for high-quality digital audio capture, the all-digital MOTIV MV51 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone ships with USB and Lightning cables and seamlessly connects to any iOS, Android, Mac, or PC. Equipped with five onboard DSP preset modes to provide optimal recording results, the MV51 includes the industry’s first touch panel control for quick access to gain, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The one-inch capsule element provides unmatched audio results, which are easily monitored in real-time through the built-in headphone output. The striking vintage design includes an integrated kickstand for desktop use and quickly adapts for use with any standard mic stand.
- MVi Digital Audio Interface (MAP $129): The MVi connects any XLR microphone or 1/4 instrument (guitar, bass, or keyboard) to an iOS, Android, Mac, or PC for seamless, high-quality audio capture. Equipped with the five built-in DSP preset modes, the MVi includes Shure’s unique onboard touch panel control for quick access to gain, phantom power, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The MVi is portable with a low profile footprint and durable construction. It includes USB and Lightning cables.
- MVL Lavalier (MAP $69): Ideal for capturing quality audio for field recording, dictation, news reporting, audio/video recording, and more, the MVL omnidirectional condenser lavalier microphone connects directly to tablets and smartphones for ultimate convenience and mobility. The MVL is designed to be used with Shure’s newest iOS app, ShurePlus™ MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
- ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App (Free): Designed for use with MOTIV Microphones, the ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App allows real-time adjustments for the best performance, based on the specific microphone it is being used with. The easy-to-use interface provides quality sound at 24-bit/48 kHz for clear audio in virtually any environment, as well as file sharing and gain control.
MOTIV products are available for sale through select Shure Authorized Retailers including Amazon, American Musical Supply (AMS), B&H, Full Compass, Guitar Center, Musician’s Friend, Sam Ash, Sweetwater and Zzounds.