Silence+Other Sounds has announced the release of its new sample pack Freaktion, a collection of sounds from tortured metallic objects.
We’ve experimented with friction mallets, superballs, bows and multiple stiff and sharp objects on a large variety of metals, such as large aluminium plates, tension coils, elastic springs, buckets and even custom-made stringed instruments.
The result is a finely designed cinematic library of unsettling strident noises, horrifying squeals, sinister squeaks and other effects that you won’t find anywhere else.
Freaktion is for sound designers and composers of horror cinematic music looking for new, unique sounds: whenever you’re looking to add a disturbing, ‘freaky’ character to your productions, this sound library will offer you a wide choice among long pitch bends, scratchy rising elements, ear piercing screeches and even deep organic tones and vocal effects.
- 4 folders of high resolution and Royalty-Free sounds.
- Total of 330+ sounds (96 kHz, 24 bit .wav).
- Rubbed metallic elements and surfaces (friction mallets, super-ball).
- Bowed coils and springs.
- Horrifying squeaks and squeals.
- Eerie SFXs from stringed instruments built ad hoc.
- Cinematic tones and vocal effects.
- Construction kit of 130+ source recordings (friction mallets, bows plus any sort of sharp objects applied to surfaces, plates, strings, coils, metallic wires, springs, buckets and resonators).
- 11 Kontakt Instruments with a custom UI to further manipulate the sounds.
The library is on sale for the intro price of $24.50 until July 7th, 2019 (regular $49 USD).
More information: Silence+Other Sounds