Silence+Other Sounds has announced the release of its new SFX library and Kontakt instrument called Stringache, a collection of horror string noises, particularly focused on cinematic composition.
Stringache is a modern horror library of mangled string noises. We’ve used close microphone techniques to record a huge deal of violin stabs and screeches, pizzicatos, cello staccatos, double bass jetè, crescendos, strident string gestures, bowed noises: all of them have been heavily processed and transformed in unsettling, hair-raising cinematic horror effects.
Stringache is for the contemporary composer of horror cinematic music: whenever you need a subtle violin effect to create tension, a rising cluster effect to grab the audience’s attention or a screaming, ear piercing string screech stab, Stringache will be your weapon.
- 570+ sounds (96 kHz, 24 bit .wav).
- Crescendos and mangled rising clusters (cello, viola, violin).
- Piercing high note screeches and jump scares.
- Dark cellos and double bass jetè.
- Twisted string gestures.
- Rhythms and clocks.
- Construction kit of 270+ source recordings 96 kHz, 24 bit .wav (double bass, cello, viola and violin).
- 14 Kontakt Instruments with a custom UI to further manipulate the sounds.
The library is on sale for the intro price of $29.50 USD until April 10th, 2019 (regular $59 USD).
More information: Silence+Other Sounds