Sinevibes has announce the release of the long-awaited successor to its multi-algorithm Corrosion distortion processor for Windows and Mac.
Version 2 of the highly versatile effect brings an all-new DSP engine with a total of 15 different distortion curves, a built-in noise gate, and all the goodies you have come to expect from our latest plugins – such as the addition of the VST3 format, scalable UI, and a built-in preset manager.
Corrosion is a multi-algorithm distortion effect plugin for Mac. It is based on a DSP engine built with 4x oversampling, which uses analog-style anti-aliasing filters for an unusually smooth but robust sound character. Corrosion includes a wide selection of different distortion algorithms, from classic clippers and folders to very unique curves invented at Sinevibes.
Changes in Corrosion v2
- Newly designed user interface with size scaling up to 200%.
- Added VST3 plugin format.
- Added built-in preset manager.
- Redesigned DSP chain with built-in noise gate, simultaneous cutoff frequency control for the upsampling filter and crossover high-pass filter.
- Added new distortion algorithms: parabolic, sine clip, sine bend, symmetric warp (for a total of 15).
- Increased maximum input gain level from 18 to 24 dB.
- New oversampling engine with a smoother sound.
- New stereo tilt control for distortion gain.
- New -48 dB/octave state-variable high-pass filter for crossover signal mix-in.
- Thorough state initialization when receiving the reset() call from the host.
- Natural parameter mapping (quadratic or cubic) on more controls.
- Support for any buffer size requested by the plugin host.
- Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation.
- All-new presets.
Available in AU and VST formats for macOS 10.9 or later, Corrosion v2 is available for $39 USD. Customers who own the previous version of Corrosion are eligible for $10 USD upgrade pricing.
More information: Sinevibes