Sinevibes has announced the release of version 2.0 of the Dipole through-zero flanger effect for Mac.
The fifth product in the company’s all-new plugin lineup delivers many highly-requested features, including availability of AU and VST3 formats, user interface size scaling up to 200%, as well as built-in functions for saving, recalling and quickly switching presets.
Dipole is a through-zero flanger. It employs two delay lines with dual-mode feedback, and one of the delays is able to run earlier or later in time in relation to another. As this time difference passes through the zero point, a very special sound transition occurs: with positive feedback, Dipole produces that coveted spectral “swoosh” effect of a jet plane flyby– and with negative feedback the output signal warps and eventually cancels itself out.
In the old days of audio production, such effects were created manually using two parallel tape machines – but now Dipole recreates that charismatic flanging, chorusing and psychedelic stereo widening with much higher fidelity and ease of use. The plugin offers both manual control of the zero point as well as modulation via its built-in multi-waveform generator.
Changes in Dipole v2
- Newly designed user interface with size scaling up to 200%.
- Added VST3 plugin format.
- Added built-in preset manager.
- Support for any buffer size requested by the plugin host.
- Added new parabolic modulation waveform.
- Increased Feedback control range to -100..+100%.
- Added low-cut filter in the feedback loop to avoid excessive low-end build-up.
- Added feedback loop self-leveling to avoid the signal level blowing up with certain extreme Feedback and Zero value combinations.
- More thorough state initialization when receding the reset() call from the host.
- More natural parameter mapping on Frequency, Stereo, Output, Mix controls.
- Added all-new presets + reworked collection of all old presets.
Available in AU and VST3 formats for macOS 10.9 or later, Dipole v2 costs $29 USD. The update is completely free for customers who already own the previous version of Dipole.
More information: Sinevibes