Sinevibes has announced the release of a four-operator FM synthesis engine for KORG prologue, minilogue xd and NTS-1.
Node is based on a classic setup with four sine oscillators (operators), which are connected together via multiple different algorithms that let them apply frequency modulation onto one another.
This plugin neatly packages a total of 24 such FM algorithms and allows to set operator frequency ratios within an extremely wide range, delivering nearly 90,000 possible combinations – and opening a whole universe of timbres, from timeless classic to edgy modern.
Node’s engine runs 2x oversampled and employs a special filter to suppress unpleasant aliasing frequencies, enabling a much cleaner sound even in the higher octave range. Node also includes a very flexible built-in modulation generator that can be configured in a number of ways: exponential or linear envelopes, multi-waveform LFO, sample & hold, or random triangle.
With this many features, Node is arguably the most user-configurable plugin available for KORG’s platform – yet it’s designed to be incredibly easy to use.
- Genuine four-operator FM synthesis engine.
- Internally runs at 96 kHz sample rate with an anti-aliasing filter, delivering superior audio quality even in the higher octave key range.
- 24 total FM algorithms: 12 base configurations plus two variations each – with and without a self-modulating feedback loop.
- Individual frequency ratio selection for operators 2, 3, and 4, plus variable operator detune.
- Flexible modulation generator with 24 modes: exponential envelopes, linear envelopes, multi-waveform LFO (triangle, saw, square, pulse, trapezoid, peak), sample & hold, and random triangle.
- Built-in lag filters for noise-free, ultra-smooth parameter adjustment and modulation.
Available for $39 USD, the package includes the Node plugin in prologue, minilogue xd and NTS-1 formats, 36 example presets, a user manual and presets table (PDF).
Existing Sinevibes customers are eligible for special upgrade pricing.
More information: Sinevibes