Sinevibes has released version 2.0 of Cluster, a plugin for creating complex, animated filter effects.
At its core is a looping step sequencer that runs in precise sync with incoming audio and lets the user set filter type, frequency and modulation envelope individually per each of its 32 steps. Thanks to such flexibility, as well as multiple filter models and finely-tunable parameters, Cluster can do anything from smooth, precise filter sweeps to rhythmic spectral reconstruction – regardless of what kind of sound is on the input.
Cluster displays a live audio waveform and aligns its sequencer graphics with it – exactly in the same way it’s done by the sound engine, for true WYSIWYG operation. Every element in its user interface is color-coded and features subtle animations, designed to bring ease of use and interactivity. Plus, all this goodness is rendered right on a Mac’s graphics adapter meaning fast response and no extra load on the main processor.
Changes in Cluster v2.0
- Live input audio waveform and fluid sequencer graphics, allowing to visually match filter and envelope settings to the music’s rhythmical timing.
- New -12 dB/octave state-variable filter that can self-oscillate.
- Biquad filters have been re-coded from scratch and are also better calibrated.
- A total of 10 different modulation envelope shapes are now available per sequencer step.
- Reduced overall processor load by over 2.5x.
- New editing shortcuts including support for multi-touch gestures and force touch with compatible Mac trackpads.
Cluster for Mac (AU) is available for purchase for $29 USD. Version 2.0 is a free upgrade to all existing users.