SKnote has announced the release of Disto, an emulation of two compression and saturation hardware units in one.
Disto includes three units in a rack (two compressors and a stereo unit for warmth, saturation and transformers) and a Mid/Side encoding/decoding matrix.
Disto can be used as mono, linked stereo (to keep a perfect stereo alignment from the source), dual stereo (unit working separately on left and right channels) and Mid/Side. In Mid/Side mode one unit processes the Mid component of the signal and the other one processes the Side component, with independent control, for a deeper stereo processing.
- Several compression modes.
- Knee compression.
- Several saturation modes.
- Warmth control. A special dynamic filter attenuates brightness for a “tape” style warming effect.
- Hottitude control. Set headroom and saturation independently from dynamic control.
- Output transformer option. A special saturation on low frequency range.
- Mid/Side matrix, with independent controls for Mid and Side.
- Original/Out of Order modes.
Disto for Windows and Mac (VST/AU, AAX in development) is available for the introductory price of $29.99 USD (regular $39.99 USD).
More information: SKnote