Softube has launched a new Modular module that offers high-end spectral filtering and processing. The Buchla 296e Spectral Processor is one of the most expensive and exclusive hardware synth modules.
Scratch the surface of any synthesizer, and you’ll find the heritage of a few great brands. Buchla has been responsible for some of the most innovative, creative, and sonically spectacular electronic musical equipment ever made, and we’re proud to have such a legendary name in our Modular system.
In addition to our previously released 259e Twisted Waveform Generator, take advantage of the myriad spectral processing capabilities of the big friendly filter bank; the new 296e Spectral Processor; the only software version of this module officially licensed by Buchla U.S.A.
Buchla 296e features
- Officially licensed and endorsed by Buchla U.S.A. – the only such emulation of this rare and exclusive module.
- 16 band-pass filters, each with its own VCA and envelope follower.
- Separate envelope decay times for each band.
- Programmable graphic EQ.
- Real time performance filter.
- Morph between ‘A’ and ‘B’ level settings.
- Performs complex spectral transfer functions.
- Special new feature allows for ‘playing’ the filters with MIDI.
- Use as a vocoder, split into two banks of eight, or using two modules at once for full 16-band operation.
- Externally controllable “freeze” function stores the input spectrum as envelope values, or A and B levels, in the module’s memory.
- Multiband extraction of envelopes from audio inputs.
The Buchla 296e Spectral Processor module is on sale now for the intro price of $99 USD / 99 EUR from Softube and distributor Plugin Boutique (regular $149 USD). The offer is valid until May 3rd.
Note that you need Modular to use the Buchla 296e. Modular is currently on sale for $69 USD (regular $89 USD).
More information: Softube