Softube has announced its latest virtual instrument Model 84, a resurrection of the iconic Juno-106 polyphonic synthesizer from Roland.
Meticulously modeled on a pristine 1984 polyphonic synthesizer, the instrument delivers the authentic sound of the 1980s in plugin and module form.
The year is 1984. Splashing down is a majorly righteous polyphonic synthesizer that will go on to outrun its era. Used on countless records by innumerable artists, it’s a six-voice synth that set a standard and established a sound.
We applied our award-winning modeling expertise to a fully-serviced and calibrated 1984 unit and the result is a perfect facsimile of the original hardware. Using rock & roll science, we’ve created a plug-in that has all the quirks and non-linearities of the 1980s-era idol, plus added features and flexibility for modern production.
Model 84 features
- Includes Model 84 Instrument, Model 84 Chorus module for Softube Amp Room, and seven Model 84 modules for Softube Modular.
- Unison phase sounds of the original.
- Included factory presets for easy recall of classic sounds.
- Stunning artist presets—from classic sounds to contemporary, crispy leads.
- Increased velocity and aftertouch support for added control over the amp, filter, and PW.
- Addition of extended unison mode for higher control over sync.
- Expanded control panel with added parameters for fine-tuning.
- Pitch and mod wheel assignment, glide, and voice allocation for creative playing.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats for Windows and Mac, Model 84 is on sale for the intro price of $99 USD until May 20th, 2021. The regular price is $159 USD.
More information: Softube