Softube has released a new software synthesizer which faithfully captures the sound and feel of the most-used mono synth of the late ’80s and early ’90s, the Roland SH-101.
The Model 82 sequencing mono synth embodies the iconic lead, bass, and arpeggiated sounds of the original, with every circuit and interaction modeled in detail.
The raw sound of the original hardware is the stuff of dance dreams. But the unique and inspiring sequencer and arpeggiator took it from a muted debut to full techno color. We recreated every speck of the original circuitry, interactions, and straightforward workflow to give you the only plug-in with a sound, feel, and interface that stays true to the most-used mono synth of the ’80s and ’90s.
Model 82 Sequencing Mono Synth is in the house.
Model 82 features
- An accurate emulation of the most-used mono synth of the late ’80s & early ’90s.
- The dry mono sound of the original hardware, authentically captured.
- The sequencer and arpeggiator that defined techno – now with DAW sync.
- Two versions included: the instrument and five modules for Modular.
- Three original, selectable color schemes for max inspiration.
- Added modern features, such as stereo doubling and drive.
- An enhanced version of the original, easy-to-use layout.
- A side panel with velocity and aftertouch control of the VCF and VCA.
Model 82 for Windows and Mac comes in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats. It is on sale for the introduction price of 79 USD/EUR instead of 99 USD/EUR.