Solid State Logic has completed the Fusion Plug-in family with an emulation of the 600-ohm, 1:1-wound under-damped transformer found in the critically acclaimed Fusion analog coloration hardware.
The SSL Fusion Transformer plugin offers a unique combination of high-frequency phase-shift, harmonic distortion and natural low-frequency roll-off. The controls and parameters of the new plugin go well beyond the original hardware version.
Jonathan Sandman, Product Manager – SSL Studio Plug-in comments:
“Our new Fusion Transformer plug-in is a faithful emulation of Fusion’s switchable Transformer circuit and is the perfect way to round off our family of Fusion plug-ins. In addition to being able to deliver low-end thickening and high-end sheen to any signal, it is able to deliver exactly the right amount of transformer mojo to vocals, electric guitars, or indeed the entire mix.”
- Modelled on the SSL Fusion Transformer circuit.
- Use across your all your tracks as well as mixes and masters.
- Add analogue weight and authority to your signals.
- SHINE to attenuate high-frequency phase shift.
- AMOUNT to amplify harmonic distortion.
- MIX for instant parallel processing.
- Drive the circuit harder to introduce natural low-end roll off that increases with input level.
- LF EXTEND switches out the low-frequency roll-off.
- Built on the SSL Plug-in Engine.
- NEW: Built-in help! Simply click the ‘?’ symbol and mouseover the GUI.
- ECO mode: low-latency tracking through transformer circuit.
- Exceptional DSP design with reference to the original analogue circuit designs.
- Modelled using a combination of real-life measurements, analogue circuit designs, and close collaboration with the original analogue designers of the SSL Fusion hardware.
- SSL’s cross-platform preset management and A/B-ing system.
- Built-in UNDO/REDO support.
- Comes with presets from world-class producers and engineers Romesh Dodangoda, Sean Divine and Wez Clarke.
The Fusion Transformer plugin is priced at $199 USD. It is available at an introductory 25% discount from Solid State Logic and at distributor Plugin Boutique until February 22nd, 2022. It is also part of the SSL Complete Bundle Subscription from $14.99 USD per/month.