Sonarworks has announced that version 4 of its award-winning Reference software has added 26 new headphone calibration profiles, supporting additional models from AKG, Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Bose, HyperX, Master & Dynamics, Philips, Plantronics, Sennheiser and Sony.
The revolutionary monitoring software — which is able to deliver a true reference standard almost anywhere — now includes 150 headphone calibration profiles.
Reference 4 is compatible with both Mac and PC platforms and can run either as a DAW plug-in (supporting AU, AAX Native, RTAS and VST formats) or as a Systemwide app at the OS level calibrating all outgoing audio.
The new headphone calibration profiles include:
- AKG K553 Pro.
- AKG K72.
- Audio Technica ATH-MSR7.
- Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus.
- Beyerdynamic DT 150.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 M.
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32 Ohm.
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition 250 Ohm.
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II (Noise cancelling Off).
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II (Noise cancelling On).
- HyperX Cloud II.
- Master & Dynamics MH40.
- Philips Fidelio X2HR.
- Plantronics Backbeat PRO 2 (w/cable, ANC On).
- Sennheiser HD 206.
- Sennheiser HD 280 Pro (New facelift).
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Wireless (Bluetooth).
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Wireless (With cable).
- Sony MDR-XB450AP.
- Sony MDR-ZX110AP.
- Sony MDR-ZX310AP.
- Sony WH-1000XM2 (Ambient sound).
- Sony WH-1000XM2 (Headphones turned off).
- Sony WH-1000XM2 (Noise cancelling On).
- Ultrasone Pro 780i.
- Ultrasone Signature Studio.
Reference 4, which is based on Sonarworks patented technology, is the culmination of more than five years of research and development. The current software version features Reference Sound with true zero latency processing — meaning you can accurately monitor instrument and vocal performances in real time on any supported headphone.
“Our Reference 4 software, which now supports 136 headphone models, represents a sea-change for how producers, engineers and musicians are able to create,” commented Martins Popelis, Vice President and Co-Founder of Sonarworks. “Now they have the freedom to create whenever and wherever they want, while retaining full confidence that their sonic vision will translate to the end result.”
Sonarworks is constantly adding new models to its lineup of supported headphones, and the new calibration profiles announced today are available as a free download for Reference 4 owners.
Reference 4 is available for purchase starting at 99 EUR.
More information: Sonarworks