Soniccouture has announced Sheng Khaen Sho, an Asian free reeds collection featuring 3 instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt Player and NKS.
The Chinese Sheng, Laotian Khaen, and Japanese Sho are three very similar instruments with a common ancestor. They have been traditionally made from bamboo, the aluminium of the east, since the 14th century BC. Sound is created by both inhaling and exhaling – as with a western mouth-organ.
By controlling his breath the player can keep an almost endless sustained sound, characteristic of Japanese Sho technique, or a quick rhythmic pulsing, typical of Khaen performance.
Sheng Khaen Sho features
- 3 instruments: Chinese Sheng, Laotian Khaen, Japanese Sho.
- 24 bit 96 kHz sampling.
- 3 GB library with Kontakt NCW compression.
- Dynamic pressure modelling.
- Breath direction sample modelling.
- Microtune module with tuning presets.
- Custom effects insert chain.
- Custom IR reverb processor with Soniccouture IR library.
- 30 Sound Design snapshot presets.
- Kontakt Player + NKS compatible. Requires Kontakt 5.6.8.
Until February 28th you can get 30% off Sheng Khaen Sho. Discount marked on website. The regular price is 129 EUR / $139 USD.
More information: Soniccouture