Sonicism Vintage Vocoder is designed from the ground up to capture the classic analogue vocoder sound using today’s DSP technology.
Sonicism has released their latest version of Vintage Vocoder as Open Source under the GPL public license.
- Screaming analogue style filtering
– cutoff frequencies from 0 to 11KHz
– variable resonance (Q factor)
– low-pass, hi-pass & band-pass modes
– pre-post filtering options
- Versatile and powerful Filterbank for analyzing the modulator signal
– choose between 1 and 256 frequency analysis bands
– configurable analysis range from 0-11KHz
– configurable modulation factor
- Onboard tone generator for use as the carrier signal
– useful in its own right as a quality signal generator
– up to 8 razor sharp oscillators
– triangle, square, sawtooth and sine wave shapes
– individual pitch, fine tune, volume, wave shape and mute controls for each oscillator
- Modulate anything with anything!!!
– As an alternative to using the onboard tone generator, the Vocoder has a secondary mode which allows it to use the left audio input as the modulator and the right audio input as the carrier (or vice versa)
- 32-bit IEEE Floating Point internal signal path for increased signal accuracy
- Code optimization for Realtime performance on modern Pentium processor types
– uses between 1 – 3% CPU on an AMD Athlon XP1500 !!
– uses 10-20% CPU on Intel Celeron 433MHz laptop
- Direct-X Plugin Architecture is compatible with most PC audio editing software
- All parameters Fully automatable in supported host applications such as Cakewalk’s Sonar 2.0
- Import/Export parameter settings to a spreadsheet file – indispensable for transferring between different host applications
Check the Sonicism Digital Audio Solutions site for more information and downloads.