SonicPlanet has introduced a new application that is designed bring creation of art, and move to the next generation of sound apps.
Conceived and programmed by Sinan Bokesoy of sonicLAB with presets and sound design by Laurent Mialon, StarWaves is the embodiment of sound, space and visual design rolled into one.
It is a unique software for creative minds.
StarWaves gives the sound designer the architect’s role by creating dialogues between sound, space and visual elements.
- Think in 3D: 3D representation of sonic material, and use spatial tools like positioning and rotation in continuous transformations.
- An Architecture for Sonic Texture: Built in a non-gravitational space and physical realm, the kinetic interaction of its elements and triggering of sonic events.
- Sound design in Motion: Here, the sound has no separate existence from space, time and motion. It is the result of a causal and visual narrative in motion.
- From particles to concrete objects: Transmitters sending particals or beams of light to trigger sonic events down to granular level with kinematic precision.
- Transition between scenes: Capture different scene organizations and animate continuous sequences / transformations between them.
- Sound design meets visual design: Realistic 3D visual for a perfect narrative medium. Also optional additional scene textures and designs (in app purchase).
- Midi and OSC control: Full control of app parameters with MIDI CC controllers. Also full OSC remote control (in app purchase).
- Presets: Comes with 24 meticulously designed presets exemplifying true audio-visual art.
StarWaves is available for iOS and Mac, priced $9.99 USD.
More information: SonicPlanet