Sonnox has announced availability of the new Oxford Drum Gate plugin, a gate effect designed for drum sounds.
Have you, like us, become frustrated with the results of unreliable drum gating using traditional tools; chatter, misdetection, choked or lost ghost notes? Are you tired of overly complex and manual workflows?
Then meet the new Oxford Drum Gate; it’s swift and logical workflow solves these problems and delivers the fastest, most musical and transparent results available.
At the heart of the Drum Gate is intelligent drum-hit detection. First, the Plug-In detects them all with tailor-made transient detection. Then, you simply decide which ones to keep.
Sonnox Drum Gate features
- Precise transient detection and intelligent drum-type matching to effortlessly separate the hits you want to keep from the spill you don’t.
- Create custom drum profiles to isolate unusual drum types or fix the occasional kick, snare, or tom mismatch.
- Decay curve which adapts to the velocity of each drum hit, giving you consistent spill reduction on dynamic performances.
- Spectral decay editor lets you preserve the resonance, ring, or rattle of each drum hit while quickly clamping down on the spill.
- The leveller’s dual target and amount controls let you improve level consistency without losing the contrast between loud hits and soft ghost notes.
- Real-time MIDI output and MIDI file capture, for accurately triggering drum samples.
Drum Gate is available from Plugin Boutique at a 25% intro discount until December 5th, 2019. The plugin supports VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats for Windows and Mac.
More information: Sonnox