Sonnox has announced version 2 of the award-winning Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec last year changed the way audio is encoded for online distribution. The ability to audition, encode and decode audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC, made it possible to produce online-ready mixes in real-time!
Now Version 2 sees the inclusion of Apple’s iTunes Plus codec so you can mix directly for the “Mastered for iTunes” programme, monitoring the same clip behaviour as the iTunes encoding chain – saving you time and ensuring high quality output during the mixing process.
Changes in Fraunhofer Pro-Codec v2.0
- 64-bit compatibility
- Additional codec – Fraunhofer MPEG Surround.
- Additional codec – Apple AAC iTunes Plus (Mac only).
- AAC-LC support for 256kbps VBR.
- AAC-LC and HE-AAC support for 96kHz sample rate.
- HD-AAC support for 16-bit files.
The Pro-Codec plug-in is available to purchase for £295 GBP / $495 USD. Existing owners can upgrade free of charge.
More information: Sonnox