Sonokinetic has released Speeldoos, a Swiss musical box instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Recorded at the MCO Jazz radio studio with high ceiling and great acoustics, they placed the musical box on top of a Steinway grand piano for even better reverberation for the multiple microphone sampling sessions.
Speeldoos offers a 4.5 octave range instrument for the full version of Kontakt 5.1 and higher. Each note has been sampled at 44.1kHz 24-bit in ncw format with up to 5 round robins, and for the first time in musical box history it is possible to play this instrument with the original steel comb in three velocities. Musical boxes originally do not offer a multiple dynamic range due to the way the triggering of tones is done by a steel automated spring wound pin cylinder, somewhat similar to how a harpsichord or spinet triggers their strings. Nevertheless, Sonokinetic found a way to trigger tones by hand with a sharp tweezer and record P, MF and F tones for this brand new Sonokinetic sample library.
- 400 samples, 238 MB compressed NCW format.
- Multiple dynamic.
- Multiple Round Robin.
- Mono and Stereo mic positions with mix option.
- Octave doubling option.
- Adjustable sample start point and release length settings.
- Programmed for the FULL version of Kontakt version 5.1 and above. This library is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.
- Royalty and copyright free content license.
Speeldoos is available for purchase for 29.90 EUR.