Composer, sound designer and lover of funny noises Pendle Poucher aka Sound Dust has released Sponge Piano, a quirky yet strangely useful Kontakt instrument.
A beautifully recorded character piano with the warm thump of strings deadened by a well-sponged thumb. Sponge Piano is what happens when you multi-sample a conventional piano in an unconventional way.
The aim here is to create a new piano timbre. Something which carries the weight, emotional oomph and playability of a traditional piano. But with something a little different going on.
Sponge Piano features
- One Kontakt .nki instrument.
- 1,200 24bit binaural samples recorded with Jecklin Disc technique.
- Lovely Cramer upright piano with every note over 7 octaves sampled with up to 20 velocity layers.
- 458MB download ( NCW compressed from 1.6GB sample pool).
- Multimode humanised ARP/sequencer.
- Cunning pseudo round robin system.
- Keyboard velocity sensitivity adjustment.
- Voice stack mode for up to eight notes at once.
- Note attack speed control.
- Note sustain control (note length) pre-mapped to Modwheel (changeable by right-clicking).
- Transient, Tape, Delay and Cabinet modelling effects.
- Three-band EQ.
- A hint of room reverb.
- All controls will show up in DAW automation.
- Fully NKS compatible.
- Requires FULL version Kontakt 5.8.1 or above.
Sponge Piano is available from Time+Space at a 20% introductory discount until November 25th, 2018.
More information: Sound Dust